News and Announcements
Welcome To Student Family Housing!
30 & 35 Charles St West offer a lively, diverse high rise community for student couples and families from all over the world. We have an open, inclusive environment with a zero tolerance for abusive, sexually abusive, or discriminatory behaviour and language.
SFH is a family-oriented residence reserved for U of T students in a full-time degree program with partners and/or children, located at Yonge and Bloor - a five-minute walk to campus!
- Affordable monthly rent, ranging from $743.00 to $1,218.00
- Steps to St. George campus
- Childcare Centre on premises, run by George Brown College
- On-site 24 hour security
- Embedded Residence Life staff and counsellors from the Family Care Office and the Centre for International Experience for help with stress and transitioning to U of T.
Residence Tours - Registration Required: Our next monthly tours are Tuesday, March 28 at 2:30 pm and Wednesday, March 29 at 2:30 pm. Reserve your space to see different apartments and our common areas. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-8049.
- Earth Hour Event this Saturday March 25th. Activities for the whole family! Come to the new Residence Life Centre from 8:30 - 9:30 pm, located in 35 Charles Street West, second floor.
- Libraries and family programs in the area for quiet study and/or family activities.
- Videos are posted - see "Why I Love Charles Street!"
- Residence Advisors email and office hours Please follow this link for contact details and office hours of each RA
- Reserved Monthly Parking Available to the Public as well as to Residents on a long term basis at $135.00 per month. Contact us at Charles.Street@utoronto.ca or 416-978-8304 for details.
- Non-Smoking Policy in Residence
- Bicycle Enclosure update
- There is a Bike Fixit Station at 35 Charles Street West on the A level of the Parking Garage! Click here for more information about the the Bike Fixit Station.
- Planning to Move Out? Remember you must legally give 60 days' notice by the last day of any month to move out 2 months later. We do not accept notice after the deadline.
- Canada Post no longer collects "Return to sender" mail from the building. If you receive mail delivered by Canada Post that does not belong to you, kindly "X" the address, write "RTS" or "Return to Sender" on the envelope and drop it in a Canada Post Mailbox nearby. Please do not leave "RTS" mail in the lobby. Thank you for your co-operation.